Saturday, May 06, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my father's 67th birthday.

Today is the first time I can't wish him Happy Birthday.

My Father died at 6pm on Tuesday, February 21, 2006.

It is not important how he died. It is much more important how he lived. He loved my mom with all his heart from the day he first met her till the day he died. He tried hard to be the kind of dad his father was not. He worked 2, 3, and sometimes 4 jobs at a time to make a better life for his family. He complained frequently, bitched loudly, but laughed heartily. He was born Scottish, raised Scottish, and died a proud Scotsman. He loved America so much he brought us here and promised us a life he had never known in Scotland. He lived each day with the goal of being a good father, good husband, good provider, and a good man. He succeeded in more ways than he ever knew.

I LOVE YOU DAD,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YA AULD SCUNNER!

1 comment:

E said...

Here's tae us, wha's like us...