Saturday, January 20, 2007

New Year, New Blog

The last three months of 2006 were just so busy I did absolutely nothing with this bolg. My bad! But with the new year I get a whole new chance to try again.

2007 is full of promise, full of opportunity, and full of stuff to blog about. As you can see I have slapped some paint on the ole digital walls and slung a few new doo-dads into the mix to try and win back my loyal readers (both of you) and, perhaps gain a few more.

I start this new year revival by realizing I was blogging but not connecting with you. I just threw my thoughts out there and left them to rot on the internet vine. NO MORE! I will be an active participant in this blog from now on and will try hard to speak to issues that not only affect me, but you too. I will speak from my heart, my head, and sometimes out of my a**, but I will do so with the intent to get us involved in our lives, our families, and our communities.

I will not always be right. Hell, I may never be right, but if I can talk about a subject and get you interested, mad, sad, or even just a little bit more inquisitive about it, that is the connection I want to make. I will try to be fair to all but I will express MY opinion and you can take it or leave it at your pleasure.

As always my views will, inextricably, be colored by the exercise of Law. After all, I am a Deputy Sheriff and my views will always be from that Pro-Law Enforcement viewpoint. However, I am not a lemming, I will not just drum out a Pro-cop chant all the time. I abhor anyone who uses their Authority to discriminate, abuse, control, or otherwise insult and injure those they have been sworn to protect. Such loathsome conduct not only can be perpetrated by police officers, but by politicians, teachers, business leaders, and even parents. As such, this year I will broaden my horizons and we'll just have to see where it may take us.

May you be blessed this new year with peace, love, faith, and good fortune.

No comments: