Saturday, March 10, 2007

17 years and still chuggin' along

Yep, 17 years ago today yours truly tied the forever knot with The Wife. She remains the most beautiful woman I have ever known and I love her even more today than that cold day we married.

The Wife is, and always has been, my foundation. When people ask me what it takes to be a good cop I tell them, "A Strong Foundation". Not just in law, sociology, and physical fitness, but in life. I can only be as good a cop as I am a person. The Wife has been the bedrock of our relationship from day one. I will do anything for her, including quitting the job I love, though she would never ask it.

Everything I am I trace to 3 women and 1 man, My mom, My child( The Bairn), My Dad, and "The Wife". At my core I am who I am thanks to the love and teachings of Mom and Dad. The visible me, the daily me, the everything I have become since childhood, I am because I have a wife who loves me and a child who needs me to be the best daddy ever. They need me to be my best possible self AND they give me the strength and courage that I need to do so.

I have very big plans for the future. HUGE! But none of what I have become and none of what I can be is possible without my family. More specifically, MY love, MY heart, MY soul mate, MY foundation, MY wife.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART!

1 comment:

E said...

Aaawww. You crazy kids!